In-house Asset Finance Associate
Our client is a financial institution that has the unique combination of having aviation industry knowledge and banking know-how – making it an ideal partner for the aviation industry. The company provides financing solutions for the aviation sector and is a partner for the aviation industry. It offers its clients tailor-made solutions in the following areas:
- Asset based aircraft financing including, aircraft, engines and other aviation related equipment
- Supplier financing: investment, projects, working capital, etc.
In addition, our client provides financing solutions for real estate projects and small and medium-sized companies in Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the Transaction Lawyer provides legal counselling in all relevant areas of banking / finance law, with particular emphasis on asset-based financing, joint venture, and corporate financing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Legal Counselling, drafting, negotiation and execution of international Aviation and supplier financing transactions and advising on all relevant legal aspects;
- Drafting and development of new transaction templates for various deal types in relation to inter alia aircraft and helicopter financings;
- Review and update of existing standard documentation;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and/or other legal documents, including credit and loan agreements, respective security documentation, suretyships, repos, confidentiality and cooperation agreements etc.;
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Qualified solicitor/lawyer with 3-6 years’ Post Qualification Experience (‘PQE’)
- Relevant post-qualification experience gained either from a leading international law firm or an international bank or other regulated entity;
- Excellent drafting skills under German and English law;
- Excellent German, English or French language skills;
- Strong negotiation skills gained in an international environment;
- Team-work and business-oriented mindset;
- Professional experience as well in banking/finance law as in regulatory;
- Ability to coordinate and align input across internal multi-national functional teams and external advisors (law firms, consultants and/or auditors.
This position will be based in Munich, Germany and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
For further information on the role, please apply in confidence, with full career and current salary details, quoting reference LF/0431/HW by clicking the button below.