Deputy Head of Technical (SVP Level)
Our client is a worldwide leader in aviation finance – focusing on acquiring, leasing, re-purposing, and selling commercial jet aircraft and engines.
Since its inception in 2003, our client has completed over $8 billion in commercial aircraft lease transactions with 54 customers in 27 countries representing over 200 individual Boeing and Airbus aircraft including direct orders from the manufacturers and 17 freighter conversions.
Due to further growth, our client is looking to grow its Technical team with further head count at the Head Office.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the Senior Technical Director is responsible for the negotiation of the technical aspects of lease, sale and purchase contracts, and the project management of aircraft transitions.
In addition to the usual responsibilities of a leasing technical professional, the ideal candidate should have the following experience:
- Deputize for Head of Technical in supervising Technical Department
- Technical input in LOIs and contracts for lease, sale and purchase transactions
- Negotiation of technical aspects of lease, sale and purchase contracts with counterparties
- Technical cost forecasting
- Capable of identifying potential exposures in existing language (or omitted language) of third party lease agreements being evaluated for an aircraft purchase with a lease in place.
The ideal candidate for the position should meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a relevant technical qualification with 12 years work experience in the aviation technical field including a minimum of 5 years in a similar leasing role
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Problem solving and sound judgment on technical matters
- Solid understanding of commercial aspects from a technical point of view of the aircraft leasing industry
- Prior management experience useful
This position will be based in either the USA or Dublin/London and our client is offering an attractive remuneration package.
For further information on the role, please apply in confidence, with full career and current salary details, quoting reference MRE/0430/HW by clicking the button below.